Key University Resources
Health Information Management (HIM) Scholarship Program
Three HIM scholarships will be awarded fall and spring semesters at an award amount of $250.00 per scholarship, one each for new students, new UC Clermont transfer students, and returning students.
Scholarships for New Students and New UC Clermont Students
- Did not previously receive a new student scholarship or new UC Clermont student scholarship
- Completes online survey by due date in order to be considered for scholarship
Macpherson Scholarship for MLS Students
The Dr. Colin R. and Margaret E. Macpherson Scholarship was created by the Dr. Colin R. Macpherson family in honor of Dr. Colin R. Macpherson. Dr. Macpherson was born in Aberdeen, Scotland, attended Rhodes University in Grahamstown, South Africa, and the University of Cape Town Medical School where he received his Master’s, M.D., and Ph.D. degrees.
In 1975, Dr. Macpherson and his family moved to Cincinnati when he joined the University of Cincinnati. During his 29 years at U.C., he was a leader within the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine community and served in many roles. He was Director of Laboratory Medicine at the University, Medical Director of the Hoxworth Blood Center for four years, one of the founding members of the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, and a long-time Medical Advisor of the Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) program in the College of Allied Health Sciences. He was at once an educator, physician, administrator, colleague, and most of all mentor and friend.
Eligibility: Requirements for the Dr. Colin R. and Margaret E. Scholarship are:
- Students majoring in Medical Laboratory Science currently attending the University of Cincinnati.
- Students with a GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Among the qualities to be considered are evidence of strong communication and leadership skills, and evidence of community service.
- Preference will be given to students who are juniors or seniors.