SPD Certificate program applications are accepted only as positions are available. There is no set number of positions available to fill annually. The Coordinated Program in Dietetics attempts to fill its class with students who will participate in both years of the CPD. Should the CPD not fill, then Year 2 (supervised practice experience) becomes available for positions in the Certificate of Supervised Practice in Dietetics program.
Prospective SPD students must have, or expect to have earned by the end of the current academic year:
- a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0
- ·no less than a B- in the following nutrition courses:
- Nutrition Care Planning
- Medical Nutrition Therapy I
- Medical Nutrition Therapy II
- a verification statement signed by UC’s DPD (Didactic Program in Dietetics) Director
SPD applications are accepted by November 15th each year. Students will be advised of the decision of the CPD Admissions Committee prior to the start of the spring semester. SPD Certificate students will receive from the CPD Director the admission paperwork to complete in spring semester.