How to Apply
A complete application includes:
- Application form with signature: CPD and SPD Application
- Official copy of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, regardless if the coursework taken transferred to UC
- (CPD Only) UC Dietetics curriculum grid on which you indicate the courses you have already completed; for courses that you still need to complete, indicate the semester and year in which you plan to complete them OR for those applying to the SPD, your curriculum sheet indicating the courses you plan to take in spring semester, AND the anticipated date of receipt of your DPD verification statement OR for those who have already graduated from UC's DPD, a signed DPD verification statement.
- Three (3) signed recommendation forms
- 2 from course instructors; 1 of these 2 recommendations must be from a foods course instructor or nutrition course instructor. If you are unable to receive a recommendation from a foods or nutrition instructor, please contact the CPD Director
- 1 from a work supervisor or manager
- Each of these recommendation forms must include a waiver from the student, which is page one of the three page recommendation form CPD and SPD Recommendation Form
- It is not necessary for the recommender to write a separate letter of recommendation. Completion of pages 2 & 3 of the recommendation will suffice.
- Provide your recommenders with an envelope and ask him/her to place the recommendation form, including your signed waiver, in the envelope, seal it, and sign along the envelope flap. Your recommender may give the envelope to you and you can include it in your packet of application materials OR if your recommender prefers to e-mail or fax the recommendation directly to the CPD/SPD Director, please inform the CPD Director that this is the preferred method of delivery by the recommender OR Department of Nutritional Sciences faculty recommenders may choose to give their recommendation directly to the CPD/SPD Director.
Completed applications may be dropped off in the main office of the Department of Nutritional Sciences or mailed to:
CPD/SPD Admissions Committee
Department of Nutritional Sciences
University of Cincinnati
P.O. Box 670394
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0394
If dropping off the application please make sure to note the name of the person to whom the application was given.
CPD and SPD Application Process FAQs_1 4 16